Position: Audio Visual Project Manager
Reports To: CTG Operations Manager
Creative Technology Group (a Creative Office Environments Company) provides technological solutions to education, corporate and government clients. With each project we strive to provide solutions that satisfy the client’s collaboration and communications needs, on schedule and on budget.
Can you multitask in a high demand role? Do you want to work within a multifaceted team that is geared toward delivering cutting edge technology solutions? The project Manager is responsible for developing and managing technology projects and their cost, time, and scope. Responsibilities include: project plan, project scheduling, allocating resources, updating stakeholders, setting milestones, and project documentation.
Strong candidates will have experience in the AV/IT field and are able to work with customers, contractors, and consultants.
This position is responsible for:
- Obtain and read all contract documents including, but not limited to: bid drawings and
specifications, contract, project workbook, subcontractor scopes of work, and construction
- Acquire a thorough understanding of project requirements and objectives including, but not
limited to: contractual, financial, technical, schedule, construction coordination, materials,
personnel, and scope of work.
- Facilitate internal project kick-off meeting that includes key participants from sales, engineering, fabrication and installation.
- Coordinate all in house activities associated with project execution, including but not limited to:
submittals, engineering, fabrication and installation, programming, commissioning, testing and
- Create and manage the project schedule.
- Function as the focal point for internal and external project communication and documentation.
- Coordinate activities with general contractor, construction manager, owner and other trades as
- Provide regular reports of job progress to all stakeholders.
- Coordinate with installation/operations manager to schedule personnel for installation.
- Cooperatively manage and monitor the labor expenditures of engineering, fabrication and
installation personnel over the course of the project and communicate (upward) any issues that
- Generate and/or respond to construction communication including, but not limited to: requests for information, change order documents, warranty information, material hand off or inventory, punch lists, field reports, sign-off documents or other documentation as assigned or required.
- Proactively manage the change order process.
- Coordinate turn-over of project to service department at the end of each project.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Maintain time management to specific jobs.
- Three to five years of experience in the AV/IT industry focused on project management, implementation, design and/or programming
- TCP/IP & network competency
- Proficiency and in-depth knowledge of AV and IT systems
- Ability to read Architectural and schematic diagrams (System and Building Drawings)
- Work on ladders, lifts and construction environment as well as with arms and hands in overhead environment as required
- Ability to travel overnight for up to a week at a time as required
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Proficiency with PCs and MS Office
- Must pass background checks
- Project+ Certification, PMP, or equivalent
- Experience managing projects in Procore and/or Microsoft Project
- CTS certification or equivalent
- Audio DSP programming and balancing
- Crestron/AMX/Extron Control System loading and debugging
- Schedule based project management
- VTC and Digital Media experience
- Pro-active, high energy, tech savvy resources who want to show leadership and pride in the well-executed projects
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 75 pounds, climb ladders, crawl under tables, etc. This position can have physical demands. Able to stand for long periods of time.
Creative is an EEO/AA/VEVRAA Employer