This position is responsible for ensuring the safe and timely installation of systems furniture and case goods for assigned projects without damage and in accordance with project specifications.
- Manages installations of all sizes and product types, assuming responsibility to meet time and budget targets with staff provided, and perform installation duties as needed.
- Charged with resolving customer issues related to installation while exhibiting a polite, helpful, positive attitude and professional image with public, customers and team members. This position must
- Serve as a role model for the installation team, addressing subordinate issues as needed and providing regular performance feedback for Installers.
- Receives directs on site, checks against circle sheet and delivery tickets, documents damages/shortages via open issue form
- Inspects all product before being loaded, checks for possible damage, ensures all product is accounted for and all the necessary equipment is on hand
- Performs walk-through using Zero defect sheets, clearly identifies “punch” list versus “wish” list
- Verifies all hours are noted on delivery ticket for any service/installation work performed
- 2-3 years in a Lead role supervising others
- Strong systems installation experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- A valid VA driver’s license and excellent driving record a must
- Case goods/ systems furniture installation experience required. Steelcase furniture installation experience preferred.
- Mechanical dexterity, positive attitude, ability to work overtime (including weekends/holidays)
Other Key Skills and Attributes:
Demonstrates proficiency with hand and power tools, ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.