Established in 1995, Creative is the region’s premier workplace interiors and technology provider, serving clients in the corporate, education, healthcare, and government sectors. Creative’s mission is to advance the way people live, learn and work. It achieves this by combining deep insights into human behavior with leading technology, furniture, and architectural products to create inspiring, uplifting, and beautiful spaces. Creative is the area’s authorized Steelcase dealership.
ABOUT DEBBIE LENNICK
Debbie Lennick, Owner and CEO of Creative, is a 1996 graduate of James Madison University with a Bachelor of Science in Industrial and Organizational Psychology. She began her career in Richmond in the staffing industry and worked for the Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce as the Director of Development. In 2007, Lennick joined the Creative team as Director of Strategic Alliances. During her time at Creative, her responsibilities grew to include the leadership of Creative’s sales team. In 2018, Lennick became co-owner of Creative as part of a planned transition of the company’s ownership and leadership. In 2021, Lennick became the sole owner of Creative.
ABOUT CARL HOOPER
Carl Hooper attended Colorado State University, focusing on Business Administration and Management Carl has worked in the contract furniture industry for his entire career, working on both the manufacturer and distribution sides. In 2005, Carl joined Creative to lead its operations team, and since then has served in several capacities, including General Manager Carl returns to his sales roots in his new role of Chief Sales Officer.
creative at a glance
- Markets Served: Greater Richmond, Charlottesville, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton, Williamsburg, Petersburg, Fredericksburg, Waynesboro, and Harrisonburg.
- Creative creates workplace interiors and technology solutions.
- Creative is a premier partner of Steelcase,
- Creative’s clientele includes leading corporate, educational, and healthcare organizations.
- Headcount: 95 employees (we call them Creativians)
- Creative was founded in 1995 but had roots back in the Everett Waddey Company, founded in Richmond in 1872.
- One of our most famous alumni was sculptor Leslie Garland Bolling, a porter for the Everett Waddey Company in the 1930s. Bolling is renowned for his wood carvings depicting the daily lives of African American Richmonders. His work is included in the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts collections.
- Creative is a privately held company; financial data is available upon request.
Black and white logo